I LOVE the holidays and have found some Holiday Hacks that have really helped me to keep my sanity, so I’d like to share them with you: Here are a few tips to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Sane Santa!):
1. Know this: Nothing is required of you. They all have everything they need and are just fine. YOU are not required to do/buy/give anything!
2. Shop at a LIMITED number of stores (or online) so returns/exchanges are not spread between a dozen places
3. Say ‘No’ or forego any baking, parties, worn-out traditions, decorating, cards, etc. that you can stand to give up- this year does not have to be just like last year, like any one else’s, and if it is not YOUR priority it is not a priority at all!
4. Get things done when you can…Stop the rush…there is more time than you think (or you have not read #1-3).
5. Look around…the BEST parts of life are the moments when we pay attention to what we already have right in front of us 🙂
6. Set boundaries/expectations with your kids before shopping or running errands together (prepare them for the length of time you will be there, spending limits or who pays for what, which specific items or ideas we are here for, etc.)
7. Use transitions (morning, driving, arriving home, bedtime) to focus on YOU and take care of your mental/emotional state ( just 5 minutes)
8. Set your own bar…Comparing yourself, where you are in life or what you have to others is pointless. They are them and you are you. Everyone has their own system that works for them. Take care of you (see #7)
9. Keep a sense of humor and a friend’s phone number handy to share your days (great way to let off steam and keep the JOY flowing)
10. Smile (and Congratulate yourself for NOT letting the craziness take the ‘Happy’ out of your Holidays!)
MERRY MERRY MERRY JOY JOY JOY BLESSED BLESSED BLESSED GRATEFUL GRATEFUL GRATEFUL HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH HAPPY HAPPY